Join me on my journey from a "Fat Farm Chick" into a "Healthy Hen" with the help of my new Lap-Band.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What does "Full" feel like? the Cup v's the Balloon

One of the most frequent questions I get asked about my life after Lap-Band surgery is
"How does "full" feel to you now?"

When I have eaten enough to be "full" it is a totally different feeling than it was pre-band.
Before my band, when I would eat and get "stuffed" it felt like a balloon that was over-filled....
It made me want to un-button my pants.
It was uncomfortable.
But it was all in my stomach.

Now...
After my band, when I eat enough to be full (about 3/4 a cup of food) I don't feel "stuffed", I feel "full".

Instead of a balloon that is ready to burst if I eat any more food...
I feel like a cup that is too full of water and fixing to run over if I add any more to it.

You feel full to
"Here"

My stomach, feels fine, but I literally feel like I cannot swallow another bite, or it just won't go down.
It is strange, but I'm learning.
This is just another one of the changes that I am learning about from my body and the Band.

In case you were wondering...

1 comment:

  1. i am so glad i stumbled across your blog! i was banded 2 months ago and am very much struggling with learning my new set of "feelings"! i kept waiting to feel full, but it never happened! now i know what to "feel" for and where! karen jean

    ReplyDelete