Join me on my journey from a "Fat Farm Chick" into a "Healthy Hen" with the help of my new Lap-Band.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Don't See It...

Well, here I am....
Three months out from surgery.
  • I've got a few new scars.
  • I have totally new eating habits.
  • I'm almost 70lbs lighter.
  • I'm wearing clothes in a smaller size.
  • Everybody says they see a big difference in my appearance.
Everyone except....
ME!

Logically, I know my body is changing, my old clothes are falling off of me!
I've lost almost 70lbs! Thats a LOT of weight!

But...
When I look in the mirror...
I don't see it.

I guess I feel like I went through and changed so many things...
There should be some dramatic, and visible-to-me, difference.

I'm just not seeing it!
I have kinda been on a quest for change.
I've gotten nails. (as my reward for losing 65lbs)
I changed the color of my hair.
I've gotten some new clothes.

But, it's just not working.
I'm still looking for that "WOW! I look different!!" feeling when I look in the mirror.

I hope it comes soon...

1 comment:

  1. I'm not much for the Dr. Phil stuff but it sounds like this is an "eye of the beholder" situation. 70 pounds in 3 months is INCREDIBLE for a Lapbander. You must know that. Focus on all the good you've done yourself, over time, your eyes will catch up.

    ReplyDelete