Join me on my journey from a "Fat Farm Chick" into a "Healthy Hen" with the help of my new Lap-Band.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bandsters Hell... Oh Joy!

It's officially a new year.
And I am officially in, what they call, Bandsters Hell.
Bandsters Hell is when someone who has a Lap-Band in place, but they do not have enough of a fill to give them restriction.
In other words... I can eat as much as I want and the band does not stop it.
I was one of the few lucky ones that didn't enter this phase immediately after getting my band.
I had restriction for the first few months.

But, I have lost 64lbs.
And you don't just lose a layer of fat from your thighs and butt.. but you also lose some of the fat thats around your internal organs...

I lost some of the fat from around my stomach..
Thats a good thing...
But it also made my band looser without the fat to make it tight.

So, here I find myself in The dreaded Bandters Hell.
And... They picked the right name for it!

I'm doing ok so far...
But it's 100% willpower now, and we all know I don't do very well relying on willpower alone, or I wouldn't be this fat to start with!

The Man-of-My-Dreams started a new job last week...
The first paycheck.... I'm Running, NOT walking to get my first fill!
Will keep you posted!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! 64 pounds! That is awesome. You will be back in business after that fill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not looking forward to Bandster hell =:(

    64 pounds is amazing - keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss so far! Doesn't it feel great?

    I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind. 1) Were you self pay or did insurance pay? 2) If self pay, did your surgeon not include free adjustments for the first year? I thought that was pretty standard, but maybe I'm misinformed. My adjustments are free for the first year. Plus, they give occasional certificates for a free adjustment when you attend their support group meetings (which are free too).

    Good luck with BH. I'm not there yet (only 3 weeks tomorrow out from surgery), so still have restriction. My first fill is on 2/2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and hope you get in for your fill soon...I have the tiniest hope that I am lucky like you and getting restriction without a fill. I am post op day 8 and still not experiencing hunger pangs and get full very fast.
    I will pray that I am following in your footsteps and will be able to ride this for as long as possible pre-fill!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete