Join me on my journey from a "Fat Farm Chick" into a "Healthy Hen" with the help of my new Lap-Band.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Healing.

I'm 5 days post-band.

Healing is going well, except I really wish they would figure out a way to remove more of the gas that they pump you up with when they preform abdominal surgery.

I feel like I'm 8 months pregnant and pumped up like a beach ball.
Without the uncomfortable bloating from this excess gas, I'd feel great!
And it's absorbing a little more every day.

I'm still on a full-liquid diet for the next week or so, thats the hard part!

I'm getting really sick of sweet things.
Almost everything I can eat is sweet.
protein shakes
drinks
sugar-free Jello
Sugar free pudding
sugar free ice-pops

you can only drink so much broth!

There are times I feel really hungry and my stomach is growling wanting some real food.
But most of the time, it's "head hunger".

I mean, I became this fat for a reason....
NOT because I only ate what my body needed to survive and be healthy...

I ate because I like it!
I enjoy food!
I enjoy cooking and eating with friends and family.
I ate when I was upset,
I ate when I was bored.
I ate when I was happy and celebrating.
I ate out of habit.

This is where my band will come into play.
These bad habits of mine won't go away....
But now I have the tool to help me keep the amount of food I consume under control when I DO eat.

I've been pretty grumpy about the liquid diet stage,
Until I hopped onto the scale this morning and saw I've lost almost 40lbs since I started my pre-op diet!

I'm on my way!!!

3 comments:

  1. You've lost 40lbs post band is quite amazing! I remember what it felt like right afterwards - the pain from the gas/air/bloated feeling was not fun. But at least I can tell you that pain and the shoulder pain (if you have it) DOES go away! My stomach pains lasted only the week after surgery. You are on your way and congrats to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!!!!!I'm soooo proud of you. That must be a wonderful feeling. I have never lost that much weight, ever! Keep up the good work. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete