Things are going well, as a matter of fact, we postponed my first fill because I, luckily, have decent restriction now even with nothing in my band.
I can eat between 1/2 cup and 3/4 cup of food before I'm full.
This learning process has been more difficult that I expected.
I have learned that there are some things that my band does NOT like.
- Bread (gets stuck and makes me slime every time!)
- chicken (even when it's tender and juicy gets stuck)
- taking big bites. (even when I don't think they are big)
- eating too fast. (it should take about 30 min for me to eat my 4-6 oz of food)
- Getting stuck.... This is not fun. I know as soon as I swallow if it's gonna be a problem. It is painful. Kinda like your having a heart attack... pain in your chest and it's difficult to take a deep breath. This lasts about 20-30 min. Once you've been stuck, you are 100% convinced that it is something you NEVER want to let happen again!
- Sliming... Yeah... This is as gross as it sounds! When I get stuck or eat too fast, I slime... You know right before you throw up and you start to salivate like crazy? Well.. thats what happens. I guess it's my body's response to thinking something is stuck... when you swallow the (what seems like) gallons of saliva it gets really REALLY thick... kinda snotty and stringy... and if you burp it up or throw up, it's just nasty! (I warned you it was the unpleasant part!)
I do NOT regret getting my band.
I do, however, wonder if I will ever really "enjoy" food again.
Right now, I have to be so totally aware of every aspect...
- did I chew it well enough?
- did I take a small enough bite?
- Am I eating show enough?
- is this a band-friendly food?
I miss just enjoying the food...
But, I guess thats part of the reason I needed to get my band in the first place...
I enjoyed food TOO much!
I am down 46lbs this morning...
I'm wearing clothes that haven't fit in years!
so I ain't complaining!
...well, maybe just a little bit...
But it's all gonna be worth it!
Thanksgiving should be interesting....